Friday 1 August 2008

FORGOTTEN EARTH OR LOST STOMPING GROUNDS?

This morning at 7:30am, I went on a bike ride with my sister. I visited places on my estate where I used to play when growing up. It seems crazy that after nearly 20 years later, some places don't change. However, due to some developments places have to change. But what struck me the most was that on my rediscoveries through, woodland, bushes, Tarzan's and dens, some of the places you could not get to. Loads of stingers etc had grew over the wore trails in grass made by children of yesteryear. Suddenly the trees seemed to hold a force of loneliness, and nature had lost our nature to sitting in playing computer games or hanging around in gangs. In the 80's and 90's the only worry was intruding on the 'big kids' dens, I was happy to find a small Tarzan in the picture above, it's nice to know that them trees have company. This picture is just by the railway on Park Lane in Castle Vale Birmingham. It was here that I first cut my head open in 1990. It shows by my blog that I have a weakness for 'those were the days' attitude, forgive me but these times do build your skeleton for today.
How many dens did you have, and are they still there somewhere? Waiting for you do find them?

No comments: