Friday 21 November 2008

Martial Arts


Martial Art is more than a way of combat or self defense, it is a way of life. It instills respect, integrity and honesty. The true spirit of the martial way fuses together the mind, body and soul. You become one and prosper. There is internal and external, you have a choice. It is an excellent exercise that tones the body, frees the mind and improves oneself. You will may already be humble and caring and that is just the type of person a martial artist should be. You will accumulate increased energy systems and your circulation will be flowing. Chi, or Ki energy will travel through your entire being. It is the art of breathing, the life force that enables you to live. Martial Arts has saved me from becoming somebody who would later go on to bury me today. I intervened my former self with a positive voice, and my actions have proved worthwhile. Martial arts does not make you into a killing machine in the negative sense, but you will have the knowledge how to meet/stop an attack and escape safely. You will learn to put your pride away to walk away, peace is the order of the day. If you need it, it is there. Such force has to be used if there's no other means of escape. If somebody looks at you hateful or calls you a name, please treat this to what it is...just a name. You know you, you know better. A lot of fighters I've met have walked away from really hurting someone only to be called a coward, but really they have done the insulter a favour haven't they? There are the select few who do abuse the skills they have been taught though. I look at myself in the sense that I'm not tougher, but fitter and more understanding of how my body works. I am no tough guy and my wish is to be a love guy. I love making friends and being happy. Karate, Kung Fu, Judo, Ju Jitsu, Thai boxing, Kickboxing...no matter what style it is you are still investing in you, and that is a great thing to do. Whatever art you enjoy, be it singing, painting or dancing, as long as what you're involved in makes you happy you will be just fine.

No comments: