Wednesday 12 November 2008

Blue is the colour


Last night I was fortunate enough to pass my Karate exam and earn my Blue Belt. It was a tough one even though only three of the adults were present. I now feel as though the hard work I'm putting in is no longer a quest for a new belt progression, rather it is a personal life progression to understanding myself that little bit more. I have a long way to go before I see and feel the benefits of my martial arts training. The real work is done on the inside. My goal, as I'm becoming more self aware - is not a Black Belt in any system, it is to be a Black Belt in life. It is the freedom of living which no medal, trophy or belt can give you. There is no final ending, just a continuing quest for self enlightenment and peace. At least as I move along in Karate, I know what I need to do in order to improve.

No comments: