Friday 6 July 2012

PAM "KICKBOX" GOODE INTERVIEW!




1. Hi Pam, what is your Martial Art in which you train and why?
Kickboxing/Thai, when I first started training 18 years ago there wasnt much choice but I am glad because I love kickboxing even though I have now tried other arts.
Also I am a massive Bruce Lee fan I used to watch him for hours and think to myself " I want to do that ".

2. How long have you been training and why the practice of Martial Arts?
Near enough 18 years on and off because I tried gyms, exercise classes etc and none of them did anything for me, martial arts gives me the biggest buzz its a passion.

3. Whats the name of your club?
Closed Combat Arena

4. Do you feel Woman should practice a Martial Art, and what benefits does it offer?
All women should practice an art or self defence not only is it very good for fitness but also gives you confidence to deal with undesirable situations that may ever arise.

5. Have you done Gradings or entered any competitions?
Done gradings earlier on in my training now I just think a grade does not make you any better than if you have trained for a long time, its just a belt although I do have high respect and admiration for the artists that want to reach that goal.

6. What has your training given you as a person, and how has it helped your life in other areas?
Confidence, fitness and as I said earlier the biggest buzz lol.

7. Have you studied any other styles and with other Instructors?
Recently for the second time I visited Brighton and trained in JKD and Urban Combat with Sifu Emil Martirossian which I found amazing and also have plans to return for some more training.

8. What is your star sign [Laughs]
Pisces, you may say im a dreamer but im not the only one lol.

9. Do you have a favourite technique?
I love all kicking techniques and I would say jump front kick is my fave but my side kick is more powerful.

10. How often do you workout, and what is your personal training routine at present?
Up to 3 times a week depending on what classes are on, also I do cardio at home to keep me in shape.

11. If the whole world was listening now, what advice would you offer for people starting out?
Find the right club and the right art for you its hard work and your always learning but go for it! Blood sweat and tears, but necessary to make you stronger.

No comments: